Friday, October 17, 2008

LSU Libraries is on Facebook

I am so blessed to be working with people that will listen to me as a colleague and not simple as a student. My thoughts or ideas are not only listened to but often put into action. Last month I was added to the Electronics Committee at work and was able to give a quick debriefing about the library's newly created FaceBook page (yes, libraries are creating fan pages on FaceBook). After talking to a co-worker I was added as an administrator to LSU Libraries Fan Page on Facebook. Though I did not create the page I did add some enhancements and rather enjoyed creating a competitive library fan page.

Before adding anything I did some research to see what other libraries have added on their fan pages. I enhanced the page by adding the RSS feeder with LSU Libraries blogs, connecting us to LSU Information Technology Services Favorite Pages (to bond a connection and increase traffic flow/fans), wrote notes about current events, updated the general information, and created the LSU Libraries Links (FBML application- HTML or FBML, Facebook Markup Language). I am working with my co-workers to add a box for the card catalog as well as one for Virtual Reference (to allow people to message us from the page itself). As you can see, I am very proud of this page. I spend a lot of my own time to work on it.

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Baton-Rouge-LA/LSU-Libraries/22954284331?ref=mf

No comments:

Post a Comment